Friday, October 14, 2011

meet the designer: white nest


i have been on a search lately to find some fun art to add to magpie lovely. enter white nest. meg is a former interior designer turned full-time crafter. she turned her knowledge and experience of interiors into creating beautiful handmade pieces with high quality materials and techniques.
just ordered this piece and it is even more beautiful in person. love it!
i caught up with the lovely owner, meg and here is what she had to say…
WHAT ARE THREE THINGS YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT?
1. my husband, dog, and cat (yes! i count this as one answer!). my husband allows me to live my dream…his continual support and unconditional love is amazing. our golden retriever, gracie is my best and favorite co-worker. and our tabby cat, bob johnson, is stuck to my hip…they make me so happy!
2. lipsmakers chap stick…is it wrong that i’m 30-years-old and i still use lipsmakers as my main lip care!? ha!
3. my “studio” and supplies! my studio is our spare bedroom and it makes me very, very happy. everything is tucked and stored in it’s spot…it’s small but works!
WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO FOR FUN?
is running white nest a nerdy answer, because it’s true! i love to do all things “crafty” or “diy”. i knit and i’m constantly re-arranging and re-doing things in our little condo (which i started documenting on my blog!), since i was an interior designer in my former life.
WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START WHITE NEST?
like many people in the recession, i had a 9-to-5 job that became increasingly more trying and difficult. three rounds of layoffs and three rounds of people’s work landing on my desk made me crave an outlet for the stress. i had always done something with my hands, so i started producing embroidered designs that i turned into artwork. i loved doing it so much that i listed some items online and the rest of history. needless to say, my 9-to-5er job is no longer and i couldn’t be happier!


how cute is her pup, gracie?!
thanks meg! so happy to have you as a part of the shop. check out all of white nest’s gorgeous art here. and, stay tuned i will add more soon.
xo, kate

No comments:

Post a Comment