Thursday, September 22, 2011

pillow talk

sleep. it's totally over rated. (this coming from the girl who drove half way to work this morning before realizing my hair was still in a wet mess on top of my head, wrapped in a towel.) i think i've officially developed "pregnancy brain." before i got pregnant i thought this was something pregnant women made up...now i know it's really from not sleeping.

i used to be a stomach sleeper, which doesn't happen anymore since it feels like i swallowed an inflated beach ball. i try to sleep on my side, but my legs fall asleep and my hips hurt. hello, grandma. i often wake up on my back and get upset because in all the pregnancy books i read it says to not sleep on your back. i have visions of my giant uterus crushing my little nugget.

so, solution: everyone told me i must get a pregnancy pillow. genious!

here is what i went with:


















the boppy prenatal pillow
it's definitely helped, but it seems to have lost some of it's fluff. so, i had to improvise. now i have the boppy pillow on the left, my regular pillow at my head and my king size pillow on my right. no, there is not a lot of room for my husband, but hey i'll do anything to sleep these days.

i'm thinking about investing in this:


















the serenity star pillow - even the name says "sleep" to me
do i invest $100 in a pillow? i'm thinking yes. plus, i often find my husband napping with my boppy pillow so i don't think it will be a hard sell.

sweet dreams!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment